Monday, November 27, 2006

First Post

I've tried to blog before, but it never lasted more than a few posts. Then I realized that the majority of many blogs are just links to other blogs while adding no meaningful value or content.

My purpose in establishing this blog is partly to document my own personal thoughts and political views. I find that much of the dialogue in the blogosphere consists of right-wingers harping on suicidal muslims as though that were the only extant issue, left-wingers bashing Bush as though describing the varying degrees of the emperor's nakedness was progress, libertarians pretending someone was listening, and self-important youth combing MySpace with no meaningful exchanges or debates between any of the camps. Indeed, the blogosphere has facilitated the balkanization of political discourse, people can stick their proverbial heads in the sand about emergent issues that cannot be packaged into their tidy worldview. This blog is a venue for me to mashup the postings across the political spectrum and inject my own judgments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home